سری آموزش رایگان مکالمات زبان انگلیسی سطح میانی #۱۶ را در این قسمت از مرکز دانلود منابع زبان های خارجی کاردوآنلاین به شما تقدیم می کنیم.
سری آموزش رایگان مکالمات زبان انگلیسی سطح میانی #۱۶
سری آموزش رایگان مکالمات زبان انگلیسی یک مجموعه ی رایگان و سه سطحی از مکالمات زبان انگلیسی است که در توسط وبسایت کاردوآنلاین برای شما تنظیم شده است. دروس این مجموعه ی آموزشی از فایل صوتی و متن مکالمات و معنی کلمات جدید تشکیل شده است. فایل های صوتی این سری مکالمات را می توانید به صورت رایگان و آنلاین گوش کنید و دانلود کنید. متن مکالمات را نیز در همین قسمت برای شما تنظیم کرده ایم. امیدواریم که این سری آموزشی نیز مورد توجه شما عزیز قرار بگیرید.
Carl: Hey, Sis. Are you interested in buying some used books for school? You can really save some money that way.
Ashley: Well, what do you have?
Carl: Well, let’s see. I have a science book called, Today’s World, and I’m selling it for thirty dollars.
Ashley: Thirty? That’s a little expensive for a beat-up book like that.
Carl: Maybe so, but I bought it for sixty. Plus, I wrote a lot of notes in the book that should help you with the class . . . if you could read my writing.
Ashley: What else are you selling?
Carl: Okay, I have English writing textbook for fourteen dollars, a math book for twenty-three, and a novel for only seven bucks.
Ashley: Uh, Hmmm.
Carl: It’s up to you. You know, these things go fast. I mean you have to listen to my advice as your older brother.
Ashley: Psh. I’ll take the English book and the novel. I need both of those for sure. I think I’ll hold off on buying other books for now. [Okay.] Teachers are always changing their minds about textbooks. [Alright.] And, what are those books?
Carl: Which ones? Ah, ah, nothing. Never mind.
Ashley: Wait, wait, wait. Finding Your Perfect Someone. You’re selling it for forty dollars? What’s, what’s this all about? And the price?
Carl: Well. You . . It’s a . . . It’s just a marital relations class. You know about finding a partner. You know, mom’s always, you know, on me about that. What does it matter to you anyway?
Ashley: Forty dollars? That’s a little expense.
Carl: Well, they guarantee results, but ah, never mind. You would never understand.
Ashley: What about this one? Introduction to Gourmet Cooking? Why did you take this class? You hate cooking.
Carl: Well, um, I have a friend who’s into cooking, and she’s [She?] . . . I mean, my friend’s taking the class. I mean, ugh, does it really matter?
Ashley: A marriage class . . . a close female friend . . . a cooking textbook . . . I think I get the picture. Mom’s going to be excited about this.
Carl: Ah, you got it all wrong. So, do you want to buy any of these textbooks or not?
- sis (noun): informal for sister
– Hey, sis. Do you want a ride to school today?
- beat-up (adjective): in bad condition
– I don’t care if the book is all beat-up as long as it is cheap.
- buck (noun): informal for dollar
– You can save a few bucks if you buy used books from friends or online.
- hmmm: a sound that people make when they are thinking about what to say
– Hmmm. That’s a difficult question. Let me think about it.
- psh: expression of lack of respect
– Did she really say that she studies really hard? Psh. She’s always skipping class, so there’s no way she is doing well in school.
- hold off on (phrasal verb): wait
– My daughter decided to hold off on attending college this semester.
- never mind: don’t worry about something
– Well, never mind. I think I’ll buy the book online instead. Thanks for offering to sell me your book.
- be on someone (phrasal verb): complain about someone or something that a person does
– His wife is always on him for spending so much money on textbooks and then not attending classes regularly.
- be into something (phrasal verb): be interested in something
– My brother is really into swimming. He goes to the pool everyday.
- ugh: expression of dislike or disgust
– Ugh. I can’t believe you didn’t pass that class even though you spent so much money on books and tuition. I guess that’s your fault because you never went to class much.
- get the picture (idiom): understand
– Kathy says she doesn’t want to go out with me, but I think I get the picture now. She’s just not interested in me.