لیست کامل اصطلاحات زبان انگلیسی با رنگ سفید (White) را در این قسمت از مرکز دانلود منابع زبان های خارجی کاردوآنلاین به شما تقدیم می کنیم.
لیست کامل اصطلاحات زبان انگلیسی با رنگ سفید (White)
82. As white as a sheet
When someone is in a state of great fear or anxiety
- Harold are you alright? You’re as white as a sheet, what’s the matter?
83. Raise a white flag
This indicates that one has accepted defeat and surrenders to the other party
- There was such a heated debate going on in the conference room, they wouldn’t back down! I just raised my white flag in the end.
84. Whitewash something
To cover up or gloss over faults or wrongdoings
- The government was accused of trying to whitewash the scandal over charity pay-outs.
85. White elephant
A term used for a useless possession, something that is of no use
- My mum bought a new CD player for me, but it’s a white elephant. I don’t need it, I don’t even have any CDs!
86. White as a ghost
Used to describe someone who is very pale because of pain, fear, shock or illness
- I didn’t think the movie was that scary, but my sister was as white as a ghost!
87. A white lie
A ‘little’ or ‘harmless’ lie told in order to be polite and avoid hurting someone’s feelings, or do something that is not seriously wrong
- I just wanted to get out of work so I told my boss a little white lie, and said I had a doctor’s appointment.
88. White collar
A term used for office workers that traditionally wear white shirts with a collar.
- We have a lot of vacancies for white-collar workers at the moment, but hardly anyone is applying for them!