ده فعل چند قسمتی با معانی مختلف در زبان انگلیسی را در این قسمت از مرکز دانلود منابع زبان های خارجی کاردوآنلاین به شما تقدیم می کنیم.
ده فعل چند قسمتی با معانی مختلف در زبان انگلیسی
در این قسمت از سایت کاردوآنلاین ده فعل چند قسمتی با معانی مختلف در زبان انگلیسی به شما آموزش خواهیم داد. امیدواریم که این آموزش از سایت کاردوآنلاین به مورد توجه شما قرار بگیرد.
- I hope the new director will turn around our failing business.
- We were losing in the first half but we managed to turn things around by the end of the game.
reverse the direction of something or someone
- Turn the car around and go back to the filling station for the tank cap.
- Turn around and let me dust your back.
2. Break off
end a relationship, association, etc.
- They never got along well, and after one of their bitter quarrels they finally broke off their relationship.
- You shouldn’t treat her like a child if you don’t want her to break off with you.
stop doing something
- His speech wouldn’t have been bad, but he suddenly broke off in the middle of a sentence and left the auditorium.
- The business will go on until one of the parties breaks off.
3. Cut out
shape or form by cutting
- She cut her cap out of some funny old material.
- They cut out thick paper swords for the children to play with.
delete, remove, leave out
- He’s too fat, he’d better cut bread and sugar out of his diet and do more exercise.
- I think the director should have cut out the part with the naked old man on the beach.
4. Tuck in
make somebody feel comfortable in bed, put a child to bed
- She tucked the children in and said goodnight.
- Who’ll tuck me in while mummy’s away?
eat a lot of food with enthusiasm (informal)
- The pie is ready, come on, guys, let’s tuck in.
- All the guests hoped to tuck in to the finest foods at the wedding reception.
5. Give away
give something as a gift
- If you won the lottery, how much would you give away to charity?
- Sorry, we can’t lower the price, we’re almost giving away these products already.
betray; carelessly allow an advantage
- He thought nobody would recognize him in the Santa Claus costume, but his voice gave him away.
- Arsenal could hardly win after giving away two goals.
6. Take back
retract something that you said
- You can’t insult her wit rude words, take it all back.
- What I said may sound critical, but I won’t take anything back.
return something (e.g. to a shop)
- When we unpacked the china cups, we found one of them broken, so we took the whole stuff back.
- Thanks for your kindness, but I don’t need this ugly dress, take it back to the shop.
7. Hang up
suspend something, attach at the top and let the lower part free
- Come in, the maid will hang up your coat.
- Your clothes are so untidy; why didn’t you hang them up last night?
put down the telephone, end the conversation
- Gosh, I forgot to ask for her number before I hung up.
- The girl was talking and talking on the phone, but she suddenly hung up when her mother came into the room.
8. Turn in
go to bed, go to sleep
- It’s late; we’d better turn in, good night.
- She turned in quite early, but I stayed up and watched a film.
tell the police about someone
- The robber had been hiding for weeks, but finally he decided to turn in.
- The watchman threatened to turn them in to the police unless they give him a share of the stolen goods.
9. Call off
- Quite a lot of flights were called off due to the storm last night.
- They called off their engagement because they couldn’t agree on what rings to buy.
order to stop, restrain
- The dog bit the postman three times before it was called off.
- We’ll give in, please call off your men.
10. Tear off
remove with force, separate by tearing
- His collar and sleeves were torn off in the street fight, but fortunately he wasn’t hurt much.
- Tear off a slip over there to get your number for queuing.
remove clothes quickly
- When they reached the oasis, everybody tore off their burnous and jumped into the water.
- It was only when he tore off the burglar’s mask that he saw it was a woman.