لیست کامل اصطلاحات زبان انگلیسی با رنگ آبی (Blue) را در این قسمت از مرکز دانلود منابع زبان های خارجی کاردوآنلاین به شما تقدیم می کنیم.
لیست کامل اصطلاحات زبان انگلیسی با رنگ آبی (Blue)
در این پست از وبسایت کاردوآنلاین قصد داریم تمامی اصطلاحاتی که با رنگ آبی در زبان انگلیسی وجود دارند را به شما تقدیم کنیم. این پست برای تمامی کسانی که به یادگیری اصطلاحات زبان انگلیسی علاقه مند هستند مفید می باشد.
18. Out of the blue
To appear out of nowhere without any warning, to happen quite suddenly or randomly by surprise
- You won’t believe it but Sarah called me out of the blue yesterday, and told me she’s coming to visit! How unexpected!
- Greg has decided to quit his job out of the blue, and go travelling for a year!
19. Blue pencil
To censor something, or limit the information that is shared
- The reports about how soldiers were being treated abroad had been blue-pencilled by the authorities.
20. A blue-eyed boy
A critical description of a boy or young man who is always picked for special favours by someone in a position of higher authority.
- He is such a blue-eyed boy! I don’t like that the manager always treats him as if he is special, it is not fair on the rest of us!
21. A bolt from the blue
When some unexpected bad news is received
- It was a complete bolt from the blue for us, we had no idea that they were having problems, let alone getting divorced!
22. Blue blood
Used to describe someone from a noble, aristocratic or wealthy family
- Many of the blue bloods in our town were invited to the royal wedding.
23. Blue ribbon
To be of superior quality or distinction, the best of a group
- A blue ribbon panel of experts were invited to investigate the extraordinary remains.
24. Talk a blue streak
When someone talks very much and very rapidly
- The woman in the hospital bed next to me talked a blue streak all day. I don’t where she got the energy from!
25. Feel blue
When someone looks or feels depressed or discontented
- What’s that the matter with you today? You seem really blue. Is there something you’d like to talk about?
26. Blue in the face
To try really hard to win someone’s agreement, but usually end unsuccessfully
- I kept trying to convince him that it was a good idea until I was blue in the face, but he’s so stubborn, he just kept disagreeing with me!
27. Once in a blue moon
To occur extremely rarely, or only once in a lifetime
- My sister is working in Africa, she hardly ever has the time to call us. My parents only hear from her once in a blue moon.
28. Men/boys in blue
Used to describe the police, because of the colour of their uniforms
- I saw the boys in blue outside our neighbour’s house last night. I hope everything is okay.
29. Blue collar
Used to describe men used as labourers, or factory workers
- The got rid of a lot of the blue-collar workers during the recession. I would say they definitely suffered the most.
امیدواریم که این مطلب از وبسایت کاردوآنلاین مورد توجه شما دوستان عزیز و همراهان همیشگی ما قرار گرفته باشد. لطفاً، از مطالب دیگر وبسایت نیز دیدن کنید.