لیست کامل Homograph ها (کلمات هم املا) در زبان انگلیسی را در این قسمت از مرکز دانلود منابع زبان های خارجی کاردوآنلاین به شما تقدیم می کنیم.
لیست کامل Homograph ها (کلمات هم املا) در زبان انگلیسی
در این قسمت از سایت کاردوآنلاین لیست کامل Homograph ها (کلمات هم املا) در زبان انگلیسی به شما آموزش خواهیم داد. امیدواریم که این آموزش از سایت کاردوآنلاین به مورد توجه شما قرار بگیرد.
۱٫ Address (can be pronounced ADD-dress or uh-DRESS)
- The first pronunciation, with the emphasis on the first syllable, is a noun meaning the directions to a place or a website. You can ask for someone’s address if they are hosting a party at their house and have invited you to participate.
- Both pronunciations can mean the second meaning, which is to speak to someone or something, or to talk about. You can address a crowd, or gather your fellow leaders to address a problem.
- Your business card usually has both your physical address and your email address in case someone wants to get in touch with you.
- The boss wanted to gather together all his advisors before he addressed the crowd at the press conference scheduled for that afternoon.
۲٫ Content (can be pronounced con-TENT or CON-tent)
- The first pronunciation, to be content with something means to be happy or satisfied with it.
- The second pronunciation, the content of something are the things that make it up or the parts that create the whole.
- I am perfectly content to sit here and watch the rest of my family ski instead of going skiing myself, because I am afraid of getting injured.
- The table of contents of a book tells you the different parts of the book.
۳٫ Entrance (can be pronounced EN-trans or en-TRANS)
- The first pronunciation, an entrance, means the act of coming into a place.
- The second pronunciation, to entrance someone means to capture their full attention and create a feeling of deep admiration and curiosity.
- Before the speakers make an entrance, they are introduced by the host of the program.
- The movie was so interesting that it completely entranced my cousins and made them talk about it nonstop for weeks.
۴٫ Exploit (can be pronounced EX-ploit or ex-PLOIT)
- The first pronunciation, an exploit is a heroic achievement or something very impressive.
- The second pronunciation, to exploit something or someone is to take advantage of them, usually in a way that harms them but not always.
- After he came back from his travels, all his friends could ask him about were his exploits all around the world.
- The company exploited the law so that they would not have to pay any taxes.
۵٫ Lead (can be pronounced LEED or led)
- The first pronunciation, to lead a group means to move it forward and take initiative, usually so that others in the group will follow along. A lead is someone who leads, or the initiative that they start.
- The second pronunciation, lead is an element that is poisonous for humans, but is often used in water pipes and paint.
- The group chose Mickey as the leader because she has the most experience in dealing with this type of challenge.
- The government banned the use of lead in all products, but you may still be exposed to it if you live in older houses that were painted with lead paint.
۶٫ Live (can be pronounced liv or LIE-v)
- The first pronunciation, if someone or something lives, it remains alive or makes a home somewhere.
- The first pronunciation, if something is live, it is happening right now and is not previously recorded.
- The birds live in the forest and should not be disturbed.
- I love watching live videos online of celebrities just talking about their day.
۷٫ Object (can be pronounced OB-ject or ob-JECT)
- áThe first pronunciation, an object is a thing, or anything that you can touch or hold in your hand.
- The first pronunciation, to object to something means to oppose it and react very negatively to it.
- There are three mystery objects behind this door – your job is to guess what they are!
- The senator objected to the law and was praised by the public for standing up to it.
۸٫ Suspect (can be pronounced SUS-pect or sus-PECT)
- The first pronunciation, a suspect is someone that people think committed a crime.
- The first pronunciation, to suspect someone or something means to be wary of them (about a crime or for some other reason), or think there is a possibility that they committed a crime.
- There are three suspects for this case, but none of them seem to have done it.
- I suspect that your father wants to go to Greece for our next vacation, which is why he keeps talking about Greek culture.
۹٫ Tear (can be pronounced TARE or TEER)
- The first pronunciation, to tear something means to rip it; the hole that is created can also be called a tear.
- The second pronunciation, a tear is the droplet of water that comes out from someone’s eyes when they cry.
- Anita accidentally pulls too hard on the fabric, causing it to tear.
- When she was done crying, her tears had wet many napkins and her pillow.
۱۰٫ Wind (can be pronounced wind or WINED)
- The first pronunciation, wind is the movement of air, caused by a difference in air pressure or temperature.
- The second pronunciation, to wind something means to make it twisted or coiled, or moved in circles and made tighter.
- The wind was so strong that it knocked the trees over.
- Old watches and clocks need you to wind them up in order to use them.
امیدواریم که این مطلب از وبسایت کاردوآنلاین مورد توجه شما دوستان عزیز و همراهان همیشگی ما قرار گرفته باشد. لطفاً، از مطالب دیگر وبسایت نیز دیدن کنید.