هشت اصطلاح بسیار پرکاربرد زبان انگلیسی با اعضای بدن را در این قسمت از مرکز دانلود منابع زبان های خارجی کاردوآنلاین به شما تقدیم می کنیم.
هشت اصطلاح بسیار پرکاربرد زبان انگلیسی با اعضای بدن
پست امروز از وبسایت کاردوآنلاین را اختصاص دادهایم به آموزش هشت اصطلاح کاربردی زبان انگلیسی امریکایی با اعضای بدن این مقاله نیز می تواند برای تمامی دوستان عزیزی که به یادگیری اصطلاحات پرکاربرد و عامیانه زبان انگلیسی علاقمند هستند بسیار جذاب باشد. علاوه بر مطالعه این مقاله، از شما دعوت میکنیم که از جامع ترین مجموعه آموزش اصطلاحات رایج زبان انگلیسی نیز دیدن کنید.
۱٫ All ears
awaiting an explanation, listening eagerly and carefully
- Tell me how you managed to pass the exam, I’m all ears.
- She was all ears to find out where her husband had been the night before.
۲٫ Cold shoulder
(give sb the cold shoulder, get the cold shoulder) – paying no attention to something, a deliberate act of disrespect, an attitude of rejection
- I hoped she would come to the cinema with me, but I just got the cold shoulder.
- The manager has given the cold shoulder to our proposal to buy a new company car.
۳٫ Itchy feet
a strong impulse to travel, restlessness, desire to leave
- Seeing a boat always gives me itchy feet.
- No wonder she’s got itchy feet. She’s been working in the same office with the same people for more than twelve years.
۴٫ Long arm of the law
the far-reaching power of the authorities; the police, the law
- Stop this dirty business, the long arm of the law will reach you some day.
- He tried to live on shoplifting, but long arm of the law caught him in a week.
۵٫ Old hand
a person with a lot of experience in something
- Our boss is an old hand in the car business, you can’t cheat him with this broken engine.
- The new chef was an old hand at making Italian dishes.
۶٫ Sweet tooth
a great liking for sweet-tasting food, a weakness for sweets; someone with a liking for sweets
- She has a sweet tooth, but as she’s rather fat, she must resist eating chocolate too often.
- I’m a sweet tooth, I couldn’t help eating all the remains of my birthday cake after the party.
۷٫ Elbow room
enough space to move or work in; freedom to do what you like
- There’s so little elbow room in our office that you must stand up from your desk if somebody wants to go out.
- The agents were given as much elbow room as they needed to increase the sales.
tending to attract attention, visually attractive, striking
- There were lots of eye-catching posters at the entrance of the cinema.
- Her dress was so eye-catching that we couldn’t do anything but stare at her for minutes.