بیست و پنج اصطلاح پرکاربرد زبان انگلیسی در مورد عشق را در این قسمت از مرکز دانلود منابع زبان های خارجی کاردوآنلاین به شما تقدیم می کنیم.
بیست و پنج اصطلاح پرکاربرد زبان انگلیسی در مورد عشق
در پست امروز وبسایت کاردوآنلاین بیست و پنج اصطلاح بسیار رایج زبان انگلیسی که در رابطه با عشق و احساسات مورد استفاده قرار می گیرند را برای شما در نظر گرفته ایم. این مقاله می تواند برای تمامی علاقه مندان به اصطلاحات زبان انگلیسی بسیار مفید باشد. ضمناً از شما دعوت میکنیم که از جامع ترین مجموعه آموزش اصطلاحات رایج زبان انگلیسی نیز استفاده کنید.
۱. FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEBODY
start feeling love towards somebody
- I think I’m falling in love with my best friend. What should I do?
۲. LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT
falling in love with somebody the first time you see them
- My wife and I met at a party. It was love at first sight.
۳. BE AN ITEM
two people are an item when they are having a romantic relationship
- I didn’t know Chris and Sue were an item. They didn’t even look at each other at dinner.
۴. MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN
a relationship in which the two people are great together, because they complement each other so well
- Do you think Matt and Amanda will get married?
- I hope they will. They’re a match made in heaven.
۵. BE HEAD OVER HEELS (IN LOVE)
be in love with somebody very much
- Look at them. They’re head over heels in love with each other.
۶. BE LOVEY-DOVEY
expressing your love in public by constantly kissing and hugging
- I don’t want to go out with Jenny and David. They’re so lovey-dovey, I just can’t stand it.
۷. HAVE THE HOTS FOR SOMEBODY
finding somebody extremely attractive
- Nadine has the hots for the new apprentice. I wouldn’t be surprised if she asked him out.
۸. PUPPY LOVE
short-term adolescent love
- My son is only twelve, but he’s already in love. Isn’t it a bit too early?
- Don’t worry, it’s only puppy love. It won’t last.
۹. DOUBLE DATE
two couples going out together on a date
- I’m so glad you and Tom’s brother are an item. From now on we can go on double-dates.
۱۰. ON THE ROCKS
if there are problems in a relationship, we may say it’s on the rocks
- I wonder if they will call off the wedding. Their relationship seems to be on the rocks.
۱۱. LOVE RAT
somebody who cheats on his/her partner
- Don’t even think about asking Jane out. How could you look your wife in the eye? Don’t be a love rat.
۱۲. POP THE QUESTION
ask somebody to marry you
- So, did Ben pop the question last night?
- No, he didn’t. He just took me out for dinner and that’s all.
۱۳. TIE THE KNOT
- When are you and Jenny going to tie the knot?
- This year, but we haven’t set a date yet.
۱۴. BLIND DATE
when two people who have never seen each other before go on a date
- My sister keeps organising blind dates for me. She’d just love to fix me up with someone.
۱۵. FIX SOMEBODY UP (WITH SOMEBODY)
find a romantic partner for somebody
- I’m not going to the party unless you promise me you won’t try to fix me up with another friend of yours.
۱۶. THOSE THREE LITTLE WORDS
I love you (yes, that’s exactly three words)
- I think he loves me, but he hasn’t said those three little words yet.
۱۷. WALK OUT ON SOMEBODY
leave your partner and end the relationship
- You’re the second men to walk out on me. I won’t let it happen ever again.
۱۸. LEAVE SOMEBODY AT THE ALTAR
decide not to marry somebody just before the wedding
- I’ve just met my ex-boyfriend. I think I still have feelings for him.
- But you’re about to get married to John. Are you going to leave him at the altar?
۱۹. BREAK UP/ SPLIT UP (WITH SOMEBODY)
end the relationship
- Have you heard? Marian and Joseph have split up. I wonder what went wrong. They were so good together.
۲۰. KISS AND MAKE UP
make peace after and argument
- Our relationship is like a roller-coaster ride. We fight nearly every day, but then we always kiss and make up.
۲۱. Madly in love
to be deeply or extremely in love with somebody
- They are madly in love, they love and trust each other and will always be loyal to one another.
۲۲. Make love
a romantic way to refer to sexual intercourse
- They made love for the first time.
۲۳. No love lost between
there is a mutual animosity between two people
- There is no love lost between the two colleagues, they have never liked each other.
۲۴. For love nor money
this idiom means that a person won’t do something no matter what is offered to them
- I won’t sell this house, it is my family home. It has been in the family for decades! I won’t sell it for love nor money, there is nothing that you can say or do that will change my mind.
۲۵. Blinded by love
when a person is so madly in love with somebody that they can’t see the persons faults or negative characteristics
- She is so blinded by love that she can’t see him for who he truly is. He is not a good person, he is rude and disrespectful to everyone around him, including her.