هشت اصطلاح زبان انگلیسی برای ساکت کردن افراد را در این قسمت از مرکز دانلود منابع زبان های خارجی کاردوآنلاین به شما تقدیم می کنیم.
هشت اصطلاح زبان انگلیسی برای ساکت کردن افراد
۱٫ Put a sock in it
impolitely telling someone to stop talking or making a noise
- Couldn’t you put a sock in it? I’d love to do some work, but I can’t in this noise.
- Put a sock in it, there are people who are trying to sleep around here.
۲٫ Cork it / put a cork in it
telling someone to be quiet
- It’s too late and we’re fed up with your stories – cork it and go to sleep.
- Don’t you want to work instead of talking all the time? Cork it and take your tools.
۳٫ Button it
telling someone rudely to be quiet
- Button it, can’t you? I’m trying to concentrate.
- If you don’t button it, I’ll get up and go away.
۴٫ Shut up / shut your pie hole
a rude way to tell someone to be quiet (pie hole = mouth /slang/)
- Shut your pie hole or I’ll shut it for you!
- Shut your pie hole and mind what you’re doing!
۵٫ Zip (up) your lip(s) / zip it up
an informal way to tell someone to be quiet
- Zip your lips, boys, and listen to me.
- We told her to be quiet, but she just couldn’t zip it up.
۶٫ Wind your neck in
a rude way to tell someone to be quiet and/or calm down
- Cool down, buddy, wind your neck in, you’ve made enough troubles already.
- Wind your neck in and sit quiet, we’ve taken the wrong road due to your talking nonsense.
۷٫ Simmer down
calm down after anger or excitement; an informal way to tell someone to cool down
- Please don’t shout, simmer down, there’s no point in rejoicing yet.
- Simmer down, guys, we’d better work first and make a party later.
۸٫ Pipe down
an informal way to tell someone to stop talking and/or to make less noise
- The teacher shouted at the kids to pipe down but all in vain, none of them stopped talking.
- Will you tell your mates to pipe down? I can’t work in this noise.