آموزش مکالمات زبان انگلیسی سطح پیشرفته #51
سری آموزش رایگان مکالمات سطح بندی شده زبان انگلیسی یک مجموعه رایگان و سه سطحی از مکالمات زبان انگلیسی است که توسط وبسایت کاردوآنلاین برای شما تنظیم شده است. دروس این مجموعه آموزشی از فایل صوتی و متن مکالمات و معنی کلمات جدید تشکیل شده است. فایل های صوتی این سری مکالمات را می توانید به صورت رایگان و آنلاین گوش کنید و دانلود کنید. متن مکالمات را نیز در همین قسمت برای شما تنظیم کرده ایم. امیدواریم که این سری آموزشی نیز مورد توجه شما عزیزان قرار بگیرد. لیست کامل این تمامی دروس مربوط به این سری آموزشی را می توانید در مطلب بانک مکالمات زبان انگلیسی سطح بندی شده مشاهده کنید.
Man: Hey. Hey. Hey, hey, hey!! What are you doing?
Police Officer: Uh, what does it look like I’m doing? I’m having your car towed away for parking illegally.
Man: Officer. You can’t do that. That’s not fair.
Police Officer: What do you mean it’s not fair? You parked your car in a no-parking area.
Man: What? What do you mean?
Police Officer: Look, sir. There’s a sign right there that says [Where? Where?] . . . right there! It says, “Tow away zone. No parking between the hours of 7 a.m. through 6 p.m.”
Man: Oh, that one? Those tree branches are covering it.
Police Officer: Sorry, you’re going to have to take that complaint up with the city. I’m just doing my job. I’m just here to uphold the law. Anyway, you can clearly see it once you get out of your car.
Man: But, but . . . my car was only here (for) five minutes. [Sorry.] I had to just run into this building to . . . to drop off some clothing at the homeless shelter. Just trying to help people in need.
Police Officer: Sir. The homeless shelter? It’s six blocks down the road. Anyway, look, here’s your ticket, and the address where you can pick up your car is found on the back.
Man: What? A hundred and fifty dollars? That’s outrageous. I mean, completely ludicrous.
Police Officer: Sorry. Don’t park your car illegally!
Man: So, you mean that you’re going to have my car towed away. I’m standing right here. Look. How about two tickets for a lecture on the history of the English language tomorrow night at the library? Anything.
Police Officer: Sir. It’s illegal to bribe an officer.
Man: Wait, wait wait, or how ’bout some coupons for a free burger at that restaurant across the street.? [You’ve got to be kidding me.] Buy one and get the second one half price.
Police Officer: You know sir, you’d probably better leave now. Have a good day.
- tow (away) (verb): remove a vehicle
– Several cars were towed away after the terrible accident.
- zone (noun; also verb): an area set aside for a specific purpose from other surrounding areas
– You can’t park here because it is a construction zone, and workers need to keep the sides of the road clear of vehicles.
- uphold (verb): defend (a law or policy)
– The police need to uphold these laws to preserve the peace.
- shelter (noun): a building designed to provide a place to live
– Unfortunately, my friend had no place to live, so his car served as shelter for about a month.
- ludicrous (adjective): unreasonable or without good sense
– The fine for parking illegally was so ludicrous that my roommate decided to fight it in court.